Select a Topic
Coalition to Improve Construction Industry Gains Momentum - AWI and IEC Join ConsensusDOCS Bringing the Coalition to 34 Members
Washington, D.C. – The Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) and The Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) joined a growing coalition called ConsensusDOCS that produces best practices construction contracts that are fair to all parties in the design and construction process. Endorsements by AWI and IEC increase the number of endorsing organizations of the standard construction contract documents to 34.
“While the construction industry has contracted under depression-like conditions, there is now growing acceptance that a better contractual foundation is required for successful project results.” states Brian Perlberg, Executive Director of ConsensusDOCS. “Construction parties that can successfully communicate and collaborate will survive and thrive.”
AWI is a nonprofit trade association founded in 1953, which today represents nearly 4,000 members consisting of architectural woodworkers, suppliers, design professionals and students from around the world.
IEC is a national trade association for merit shop electrical and systems contractors. IEC believes in developing and fostering a stronger economy through the level of quality and services its members provide to the industry.
ConsensusDOCS contracts are the only contracts written by 34 leading design and construction industry organizations. Offering a catalog of 90+ contract documents addressing all methods of project delivery, ConsensusDOCS incorporate fair risk allocation and best practices to represent the project’s best interests. Coalition members represent Designers, Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors and Sureties (DOCS). For more information, please visit www.ConsensusDOCS.org or call 1-866-925-DOCS (3627).
# # #
ConsensusDOCS Media Contacts:
- Phil Duvic, Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI), 571-323-3621, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Baird, Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC), 703-549-7351, email@example.com
- Brian Turmail, The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), 703-837-5310, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Mendes, American Subcontractors Association (ASA), 703-684-3450 x 1335, email@example.com
- Kathy Hoffman, National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP), 202-464-1175, firstname.lastname@example.org